I don’t know about you but I’m always looking for new breakfast ideas. Monday-Friday I eat the same exact thing every morning – an egg white sandwich. I love it and it’s easy to make. But when the weekend rolls around I’m ready to mix it up at breakfast time.
These breakfast taquitos are a nice change of pace for me. The great thing about them is you can switch up the ingredients you use so you never get tired of them. Another bonus is they are only 2 Freestyle points for each taquito. I served them up with some 0 point salsa.
Taquitos are always a hit at my house. My one daughter LOVES my chicken taquitos. I have to admit they are one of my favorites too. They are great for a snack, lunch, dinner or appetizer.
Here are a few of the things I used for this recipe:
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Yield: 12 Servings (Each taquito is 2 Freestyle points)
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup diced ham (I used Kroger brand which was 1 point)
- 1/4 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Scramble the eggs, add salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl add the cooked eggs, ham, green pepper, red pepper, onions, and cheddar cheese. Mix it all together then check to see if it needs more salt and pepper.
- Spray a baking sheet with no stick cooking spray.
- Heat corn tortillas in the microwave for about 40 seconds so they are easier to work with.
- Assemble the taquitos by placing a line of the egg mixture in the center of the shell, fold one side over the eggs, then roll up. Place on the baking sheet.
- Spray the top of the taquitos with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 11-13 minutes, or until the shells are golden brown.