If you have 35 minutes you have enough time to make breakfast for 6 days! That’s all it takes.
These breakfast bowls are only 4 Freestyle points each. They are filled with potatoes, eggs, cheese, onion and peppers. It’s a filling and tasty meal.
I decided to do something a little different for this recipe, I used red and orange peppers. I’m so happy I did! I loved the flavor of the sweet peppers and the potatoes. Plus I put a little bit of hot sauce on mine which went well with the sweet peppers.
To prepare the breakfast bowls I started with the potatoes. I used 1 1/2 lbs. of potatoes that I peeled and cut up into small cubes.
I also chopped 1/2 onion, 1/2 red pepper and 1/2 orange pepper to cook with the potatoes.
Once my veggies were all ready I added 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil to a large skillet, then added the veggies. I covered them and let them cook for about 10 minutes. I checked the potatoes to make sure they were done.
While the potatoes were cooking I got my eggs ready. I put 12 eggs in a bowl and scrambled them, then cooked them.
Once the potatoes and eggs were done I got six containers ready and evenly split the potatoes.
I only show four containers because my daughter and I each had a helping when it was done. 🙂
Next up I evenly split the scrambled eggs.
Then I added some cheese. I usually use reduced fat Mexican cheese, but I was out of it. Instead I used part-skim mozzarella cheese. I wasn’t too crazy about mozzarella cheese on scrambled eggs, but it was better than nothing.
Place the breakfast bowls in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat one, place it in the microwave 30-45 seconds.
That’s all there is to it! I have breakfast for the next four mornings….as long as nobody else eats my breakfast bowls.
Breakfast Bowls - Weight Watchers Freestyle
Yield: 6 Servings, 4 Freestyle points per serving
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled cut into small cubes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 eggs
- 6 tablespoons reduced fat Mexican cheese
- 6 containers with lids.
- Add oil to a skillet and set heat to medium.
- Once the oil is warm add the potatoes, onions and peppers. Also add the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the potatoes cook, add the eggs to a mixing bowl. Whisk the eggs until scrambled.
- Add a little bit of non-stick cooking spray to a frying pan and cook the scrambled eggs.
- Spread out the six containers and fill them with the potatoes, eggs and cheese. Make sure you divide the mixture evenly.
- Store the breakfast bowls in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat one place it in the microwave 30-45 seconds.