Holy Moly! I thought this recipe might turn out good, but I had no idea it would be SO GOOD!!
It might get a little annoying when I tell you my family likes something I make. After all, you don’t know them. Why are you going to take their word for it? 🙂
Let me tell you about my younger daughter. She claims she doesn’t like chicken. What she really means is she only likes really good tasting chicken.
If I were to just grill up a chicken breast she would not want to eat it. She would rather starve.
This Lemon Butter Chicken was so good that even she loved it. She ate more than I did!
She kept saying it was so good it tasted like it came from a Chinese restaurant. I don’t really think this dish tastes like Chinese food, but maybe because she ate hers over rice.
My husband also loved it. There was no chance of having leftovers with these two gobbling it all up!
I used 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken tenders. There are 4 servings in this recipe and it is 3 Freestyle points per serving.
Since it is only 3 Freestyle points per serving I ate my chicken with fettuccini noodles. I had a 1/2 cup of the noodles which was another 3 Freestyle points.
All together my dinner was 6 Freestyle points. I can promise you I will be making this dish again very soon.
The next time I make this I will probably try it with rice. I’m not really a fan of Minute Rice and I didn’t feel like taking the time to make good rice last night, that’s why I had pasta. The sauce from the chicken is so good drizzled on the chicken and noodles.
I think my daughter would have drunk the sauce if I had let her…I’m not even kidding.
Lemon Butter Chicken - Weight Watchers Freestyle
Yield: 4 Servings – 3 Freestyle points per serving
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic bulbs, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute. Melt the butter then add the onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Scrape the onions to the side and add the chicken tenderloins. Sear it on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it. Make sure the lever is set to seal. Press the manual button and set the time for 8 minutes.
- Once the time is up turn the Instant Pot off and do a quick release of pressure. Once the steam is released, carefully remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot, leaving just the liquid.
- Put the cornstarch in a small bowl and add about 1 tablespoon of the liquid. Stir together until it is blended and add it back to the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute so the mixture simmers. Stir constantly until the sauce thickens. Turn off the saute and add the chicken back to the sauce, then serve.