This french toast is incredible!! I can’t believe it is only 3 points! I am going to be eating this a lot. Breakfast, dessert or just a snack.
More good news was that my kids both liked it. I’m not surprised since they are huge french toast fans, but they even liked the bread. I wasn’t sure what they would say since I used Sara Lee multigrain bread, but they were both fans. I like the multigrain since it is only 2 points for 2 slices.
I’ll be honest, I am not usually a huge fan of wheat or multigrain bread. But for some reason I actually like this bread.
This is the kind of breakfast I could enjoy every weekend. I don’t know why, but adding a little bit of sugar free maple syrup to the cream cheese makes it so tasty! Then adding strawberries to that….I was in heaven.
Some things I used for this recipe:
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Stuffed French Toast
Yield: Recipe = 3 Freestyle Points
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar free maple syrup
- 2 slices Sara Lee Multigrain bread (or any other bread that equals 2 points for 2 slices)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl mix together the low fat cream cheese and sugar free maple syrup.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Scramble the egg and skim milk together in a dish. You will need to be able to dip the bread into it.
- Mix together the Splenda and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over one slice of bread. Add the strawberries to the cream cheese. Cover with the second slice of bread.
- Dip both exposed sides of bread into the egg mixture, then sprinkle on the cinnamon mixture.
- Spray frying pan with no-stick cooking spray (I used butter flavored Pam) and fry until both sides are golden brown. Approximately 3-4 minutes per side.