These Wonton Tacos are a perfect idea to use up your leftover taco meat. Even better though, they are only 1 Freestyle point each!
And they’re made with ground beef. I’m all about cooking with ground turkey, but every once in a while there is nothing like ground beef. Everything in moderation right?
I garnished the tacos with fat free sour cream, chives and salsa. It was perfection!
Since they’re only 1 Freestyle point each they’re perfect as an appetizer or you can make a meal out of them.
I love coming up with recipes using wonton wrappers. You can have 5 for only 3 Freestyle points.
The best part is you don’t just have to cook Asian food with them. You can do whatever you want.
Also, you don’t have to make savory things with them. They are great for dessert too!
Instead of frying them I choose to bake them, which saves a ton of points. And they still get crispy!
Yield: 20 Wonton Tacos (1 Freestyle point each)
- 4 oz. 95% lean ground beef, cooked and seasoned with taco seasoning
- 20 Wonton wrappers
- 3 tablespoons fat free salsa
- 1/3 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- Put approximately 1 teaspoon of beef in the center of a wonton wrapper. Next add 1/2 teaspoon to the salsa, followed by a pinch of the Mexican cheese.
- Add water to a small bowl. Dip your finger in the water, then rub it around the perimeter of the wonton, fold in half and seal it closed. Repeat with the rest of the wontons.
- Spray the top of the wontons with no-stick cooking spray.
- Place in the oven for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.