This Applebee’s Pico de Gallo Copycat Recipe is full of fresh ingredients!
It’s also perfect for using up all of those fresh tomatoes from your garden.
Not only is Pico de Gallo delicious with tortilla chips it’s also great with grilled chicken breasts, steak or fish. It’s also great with a quesadilla, serve it with a side of Pico de Gallo and sour cream.
The Applebee’s fiesta lime chicken recipe comes with a side of Pico de Gallo. It’s really good! I want to come up with more copycat recipes and their fiesta lime chicken could be next.
Here’s what you need to make this Applebee’s Pico de Gallo Copycat Recipe:
- 3 large tomatoes (1 1/2 pounds)
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- White vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
Applebee’s uses red onions for their Pico de Gallo so that’s what I used. If you prefer a different onion you can use that instead.
Tips for the best Pico de Gallo:
- Make sure your tomatoes are completely ripe.
- Core your tomatoes and remove the seeds. This will ensure the Pico isn’t too runny.
- Use fresh cilantro, not dried. Using fresh ingredients for this recipe makes it over the top delicious. If you want fresh Pico de Gallo you have to use fresh ingredients.
- Put the Pico in the fridge for a couple of hours or even over night. This will allow the flavors to meld and each bite will be perfect.
- Store the Pico in a large container with a lid in the fridge.
This new recipe is so easy! Just chop up the ingredients, add everything to a large bowl and stir. That’s it! When you’re looking for easy dinners add this to the list. It’s the perfect easy side to so many things.
Calculating the Weight Watchers Points:
The only ingredient in this recipe that has points is the olive oil. I used 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil which was 4 points. I calculated the recipe as four servings so each serving was 1 point. That’s for the Weight Watchers blue plan, green plan and purple plan.
Yield: 4 servings (each serving is approximately 3/4 cup, 1 point per serving for blue, green and purple)
- 1 1/2 lbs. ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients. Cover and let sit in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
Here are some more WW friendly recipes:
If you’re looking for some zero point recipes, check out my post 20 Zero Point Recipes or my post 20 (More) Zero Point Recipes. Both are filled with delicious recipes that won’t cost you a single point! They’re perfect for days when you’re running low on points, or trying to save up points for a night out.
If you’re looking for dessert recipes you can visit 50 Weight Watchers Freestyle Desserts. It’s filled with delicious desserts perfect for Weight Watchers!
Are you looking for a meal plan that’s Weight Watchers friendly? I have over 100 meal plans that you can choose from and I post a new one each week. Click here to check them out!