I can remember the first time I saw a chocolate covered potato chip. I thought it was so weird! How could it taste good!? Then I had it….the salty and the sweet together. Two worlds collided in the BEST way possible! That is exactly how this pineapple salsa is. It’s sweet with a little heat, and then you can add some tortilla chips.
Salty + sweet = delicious!! You can also add it to some baked or grilled chicken. It’s a filling dinner that makes you feel like you combined dinner with dessert.
Adding a jalapeno brings a little bit of heat to this salsa. If you are not a fan of spicy things then you can leave it out.
Although the salsa is zero SmartPoints you will have to add points for whatever you choose to pair it up with. I added 8 Tosttios baked scoops and it was 2 SmartPoints. Not bad for a hearty snack!
Serving it with grilled skinless chicken breast keeps it at 0 points!
Yield: 4 servings (3/4 cup per serving)
- 1 pineapple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve immediately or let the flavors develop in the refrigerator for a few hours.