If you’re looking for a little heat, these tacos are for you! It’s not obnoxiously hot….because frankly I’m kind of a wimp. But it definitely brought enough heat to make my nose run.
Street tacos are smaller than a regular taco. They often come with two shells per taco. I only used one shell so that I could save on points. I used Mission white corn tortillas. It is 3 Smart Points for two shells. My two tacos with all of the fixings were 8 Smart Points all together. And let me tell you…they were filling!
Jerk Chicken Street Tacos
Yield: 4 servings (1 taco per serving) 2 Smart Points
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
- 1 cup chopped uncooked cabbage
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small chopped red onion
- 4 corn tortillas (street taco size)
- Sprinkle chicken breast with jerk seasoning on both sides.
- Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray. Over medium heat cook chicken 10 minutes (5 minutes each side) or until it is no longer pink in the center.
- While chicken is cooking, put chopped cabbage in a bowl. Add the juice from the lime to the cabbage and stir.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and place on a cutting board. Let the chicken stand for about 8 minutes. Cut chicken into bite size pieces
- While the chicken is resting, stir together the sour cream and Sriracha.
- Heat a large skillet and add tortillas. Cook until they are warmed on both sides.
- Assemble your taco.