Wow. I was hoping these Cinnamon Pretzel Bites would turn out good….they were even better than I thought they would be!
I love playing around with the 2 ingredient dough.
Before today my favorite was probably the BBQ Chicken Pizza. Now, I don’t know?
I guess the pizza could count as my favorite savory recipe and the Cinnamon Pretzel Bites are my favorite sweet recipe.
The 2 ingredient dough can be a little tricky to work with, or should I say sticky. But there are ways to get around that.
I always make sure to put plenty of flour on my work surface. That is a must!
I also sprinkle flour onto the dough before I roll it out.
You can see from my picture there is no shortage of flour.
When I’m using my hands to work with the dough I spray a little bit of no-stick cooking spray on them. That makes a huge difference!
Once I had the dough rolled out I had to cut it into 1-inch pieces. I used a pizza cutter to do this.
Before I started cutting the dough into 1-inch pieces I sprayed the pizza cutter with a little bit of no-stick cooking spray.
The first roll of pretzels I tried to make I did not spray the pizza cutter and it was a mess!
I think once you have worked with 2 ingredient dough a couple of times you really start to get the hang of it.
Six servings of these pretzels equaled 2 Freestyle points. I made 9 pretzel bites per serving.
That’s a pretty good sized snack for only 2 points!
I made a caramel dip to go with the pretzel bites. 1 tablespoon of the caramel dip was 2 Freestyle points. I did not eat the dip because I did not think it was worth the 2 points. I pretty much made it for my family to gobble up.
Cinnamon Pretzel Bites - Weight Watchers
Yield: 6 servings – approximately 9 pretzel bites per serving = 2 Freestyle points
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 cup self-rising flour (It must be self-rising flour NOT all-purpose)
- 6 cups water
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter SPRAY
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix the fat-free Greek yogurt and self-rising flour together to form a dough.
- Bring 6 cups of water and baking soda to a boil.
- While the water is heating up, roll out the dough to about 1/3″ thickness. Then cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Add about 10 pieces of dough to the water and cook for 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with the rest of the pretzels.
- Bake in the oven 11-13 minutes, until the pretzel bites are slightly brown.
- Add the Splenda and cinnamon to a small bowl and stir until combined.
- Once pretzels are out of the oven spray with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter (I did 1 spray for every 5 pretzels) then immediately put them in the cinnamon mixture.
For the Caramel Sauce:
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar-free caramel sundae syrup
Mix cream cheese and sugar-free caramel sundae syrup together in a microwave safe bowl. Put in the microwave for 30 seconds at 50%. Give it a good stir when it comes out of the microwave. **This is optional** it will add 2 Freestyle points for 1 tablespoon.