Can you believe that this Strawberry Roll is only one point? ONE POINT!!!
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
This time I wanted to try making something sweet, so I came up with this Strawberry Roll. I love it!
There is one thing I highly recommend and that is serving it with either fat-free Reddi Wip (that would still be one point for the whole dessert) or a little scoop of low-fat vanilla ice cream. I also serve it with chopped up strawberries.
I know that working with the two ingredient dough can sometimes get a little sticky. One thing I do to help with that is I will spray no-stick cooking spray on my hands. It works great!
For this recipe I make the dough, then roll it out. Once it’s nice and flat I use a pizza cutter to shape it into a rectangle.
Once that is done I take the Smuckers sugar-free strawberry preserves and warm it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. That makes it much easier to work with.
Then I spread the preserves all over the dough.
The next step is to roll up the dough. This can be a little tricky if the dough sticks to the counter. I found that using a Scraper made a huge difference helping me roll it up.
Without the scraper I know the dough would have stuck to the counter.
Once I had it rolled up I cut it into 12 pieces. I wasn’t sure how much the rolls would puff up so I initially put 9 rolls in an 8×8 pan that was sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
Next time I will use a 9×13 pan so I can cook them all at once.
I also put a little egg wash on the strawberry rolls so they would get somewhat golden.
Let me tell you, this is a great dessert for only 1 Freestyle point!
Yield: 12 Servings (1 Freestyle point per serving)
- 1 cup self-rising flour (It must be self-rising flour)
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar-free strawberry preserves
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine self-rising flour and fat-free Greek yogurt in a mixing bowl and stir together.
- Knead dough for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle more flour onto your work surface and roll out dough until it is about 1/4 inch.
- Cut dough into a triangle. You can discard the extra dough.
- Put the sugar-free strawberry preserves in the microwave 20-30 seconds.
- Spread the preserves over the dough, then roll the dough up.
- Cut into 12 pieces and place in a 9×13 baking pan sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl, then use a brush to put egg wash onto the dough.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until dough is cooked all the way through.