I have been reading about the 2 ingredient dough so much lately, I decided it was time to jump on the bandwagon. I’m so happy I did! I was worried I wouldn’t like it, but I actually did. I saw someone compare it to sourdough bread. I think that was a pretty good comparison.
Last night I wanted to make pizza with the dough. I didn’t want just regular pizza….I wanted spinach and artichoke dip pizza! I was really happy with the way it turned out.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza
Yield: 10 slices (1 piece = 4 Freestyle points)
For the crust:
- 1 cup self rising flour (plus a 1/2 cup to roll out the pizza)
- 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
For the dip:
- 4 oz. low fat cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yofurt
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed (squeeze out any excess water)
- 1/4 cup chopped artichokes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese, Greek yogurt, mozzarella cheese, spinach, artichokes, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic and salt.
- In another bowl mix together 1 cup of self rising flour and 1 cup of Greek yogurt. Next you have to kneed the dough. I did mine right on the counter. First sprinkle down some flour. Kneed the dough for 2 minutes, then roll it out.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and place pizza dough on it.
- Spread the spinach and artichoke dip onto the pizza dough. Leave about a 1/2 inch around the edge for the crust.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.