Wow. One of these tostadas covered with Mexican chicken is only 2 Freestyle points…depending on what toppings you add.
Today for lunch I had the tostada, Mexican Chicken, lettuce, red onions, cilantro and fat free salsa. It was only 2 Freestyle points!
Last night when I had it for dinner I splurged a little bit and added one tablespoon of fat free sour cream and one tablespoon of reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese.
That only added one point! I had two tostadas for only 6 Freestyle points. Let me tell you, it was a very filling dinner! And one I plan on making a lot more.
I made the chicken in the Instant Pot but it could also be made in the slow cooker. I would just add 1/2 cup chicken broth and cook on low 6 hours.
Mexican Chicken Tostadas
Yield: 1 tostada shell with shredded chicken = 2 Freestyle Points
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 cup of fat free salsa
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tostada shells
- Any extras such as lettuce, red onions, green onions, chives, fat free sour cream, guacamole, reduced fat shredded cheese…calculate any additional points if necessary.
- Add the cup of salsa and two tablespoons of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Season chicken with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Put chicken into salsa and add sliced onions.
- Lock the lid to your Instant Pot and set it to Poultry. Set the time to 25 minutes. When the timer is done, release the pressure by turning the valve to open. I always use tongs to do this so the steam doesn’t burn my hand.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the Instant Pot and shred them. Put them back in the Instant Pot and press “Keep Warm” until you’re ready to eat.
- Assemble your tostada with ingredients of your choice.
If you’re looking for some zero point recipes, check out my post 20 Zero Point Recipes or my post 20 (More) Zero Point Recipes. Both are filled with delicious recipes that won’t cost you a single point! They’re perfect for days when you’re running low on points, or trying to save up points for a night out.
If you’re looking for dessert recipes you can visit 50 Weight Watchers Freestyle Desserts. It’s filled with delicious desserts perfect for Weight Watchers!
Chicken Empanadas – Weight Watchers Freestyle
Tuesday 8th of January 2019
[…] There are so many delicious Mexican foods that can be low in Weight Watchers points. If you are looking for some ideas check out my Jerk Tacos, Mexican Pizza and Chicken Tostadas. […]