Yesterday was a good day…mainly because I still had 7 points left to use after dinner. That meant I could have dessert. Yay!! I didn’t even use all of my remaining points on this dessert since it was only 5. The Bananas Foster is 3 Freestyle points per serving, and I had a 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream that was 2 Freestyle points. Make sure to calculate your ice cream because it could be different.
Yield: 4 servings (3 Freestyle Smart Points per serving)
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peel the banana. Cut in half, then cut in half lengthwise giving you four large pieces.
- In a small saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar, dark rum, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Once the sugar has melted add the four banana pieces. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes then turn each banana piece over. Cook on the other side for 2 minutes.