This tasty little treat is only 2 Freestyle points! I think it’s a perfect summer dessert since it has fresh strawberries.
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Are you wondering what in the heck a galette is? It’s basically round cake or bread that is usually filled with fruit.
You can make it with refrigerated pie crust, but that would be more points. So I tried it with the 2 ingredient dough and it was delicious!
I have found the 2 ingredient dough (fat-free Greek yogurt and self-rising flour) to be a little sticky when I work with it.
So I make sure to put down plenty of flour on my work surface, and I also spray my hands with a little no-stick cooking spray. It helps a lot!
I used a 4 1/2 inch round cookie cutter for the galettes. I was able to make 6 of them out of the dough. I placed the cutout dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Then I added the strawberry mixture to the center.
The next step is to fold up the dough.
I brushed the dough with a little egg wash and popped them into the oven. It’s a pretty easy recipe and definitely low in points.
I topped it with some fat free Reddi Wip and it was amazing. You could also do a low point ice cream.
Here are a few of the things I used for this recipe:
Once again I used my handy dandy strawberry slicer. When I first bought it I had no idea how much I would actually use it.
Mini Strawberry Galette
Yield: 6 Servings (1 Serving is 2 points for blue and purple, 3 points for green)
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 16 oz. strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated Splenda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the fat-free Greek yogurt and self-rising flour.
- Sprinkle flour on your work surface, then add the dough. Roll it out until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a 4 1/2 inch round cookie cutter to cut out the dough. You should get 6 circles. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a bowl or a cup.
- Place the cutout dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add the sliced strawberries to a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the Splenda and cornstarch and mix well.
- Fill the center of each dough with the strawberry mixture. leaving a 1/2 inch gap around the edge. Fold the edge of the dough over the strawberries.
- Beat the egg, then brush it onto the exposed dough.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until the dough is golden.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
If you’re looking for some zero point recipes, check out my post 20 Zero Point Recipes or my post 20 (More) Zero Point Recipes. Both are filled with delicious recipes that won’t cost you a single point! They’re perfect for days when you’re running low on points, or trying to save up points for a night out.
If you’re looking for dessert recipes you can visit 50 Weight Watchers Freestyle Desserts. It’s filled with delicious desserts perfect for Weight Watchers!