This tasty little treat is only 2 Freestyle points! I think it’s a perfect summer dessert since it has fresh strawberries.
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Are you wondering what in the heck a galette is? It’s basically round cake or bread that is usually filled with fruit.
You can make it with refrigerated pie crust, but that would be more points. So I tried it with the 2 ingredient dough and it was delicious!
I have found the 2 ingredient dough (fat-free Greek yogurt and self-rising flour) to be a little sticky when I work with it.
So I make sure to put down plenty of flour on my work surface, and I also spray my hands with a little no-stick cooking spray. It helps a lot!
I used a 4 1/2 inch round cookie cutter for the galettes. I was able to make 6 of them out of the dough. I placed the cutout dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Then I added the strawberry mixture to the center.
The next step is to fold up the dough.
I brushed the dough with a little egg wash and popped them into the oven. It’s a pretty easy recipe and definitely low in points.
I topped it with some fat free Reddi Wip and it was amazing. You could also do a low point ice cream.
Here are a few of the things I used for this recipe:
Once again I used my handy dandy strawberry slicer. When I first bought it I had no idea how much I would actually use it.
Mini Strawberry Galette
Yield: 6 Servings (1 Serving is 2 Freestyle Points)
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 16 oz. strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated Splenda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the fat-free Greek yogurt and self-rising flour.
- Sprinkle flour on your work surface, then add the dough. Roll it out until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a 4 1/2 inch round cookie cutter to cut out the dough. You should get 6 circles. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a bowl or a cup.
- Place the cutout dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add the sliced strawberries to a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the Splenda and cornstarch and mix well.
- Fill the center of each dough with the strawberry mixture. leaving a 1/2 inch gap around the edge. Fold the edge of the dough over the strawberries.
- Beat the egg, then brush it onto the exposed dough.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until the dough is golden.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.