Pork tenderloin is one of my favorite cuts of meat to cook with. It’s low in Freestyle points and it tastes delicious!
It really lives up to its name…it’s very tender! Plus there are so many different ways you can make it.
Another recipe using pork tenderloin is this Cuban flatbread. I could make it every day and my husband would be in heaven, he loves it that much!
This bacon wrapped pork tenderloin is another recipe my whole family likes. One piece of this pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon is only 3 Freestyle points! Considering it’s wrapped in bacon, I think that’s pretty good.
Tonight I steamed some broccoli as my side dish. I also added a couple sprays of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and a little bit of salt. That’s zero points for my side dish.
That makes my dinner a total of 3 Freestyle points. That’s a very low point dinner!
I think this bacon wrapped pork tenderloin seems somewhat fancy, but it’s actually pretty easy to make. First, you partially cook the bacon and wrap it around the pork tenderloin medallions.
You season the pork, then partially cook it in an oven safe skillet. If you don’t have an oven safe skillet that’s ok, just transfer the pork to an oven safe dish. You might have to add a couple of minutes to the baking time.
You bake the pork in the oven for 17-20 minutes, or until the pork is 145 degrees.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin - Weight Watchers Freestyle
Yield: 6 servings, 3 Freestyle points per serving
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into six 1 1/2″ medallions
- 6 slices center cut bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Partially cook the bacon in an oven safe skillet, for about 5 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Wipe the skillet clean.
- Add the garlic powder, seasoning salt, basil and oregano to a small bowl and mix together.
- Wrap the bacon around the pork tenderloin medallions and secure it with toothpicks. Season both sides of the pork with the seasoning mixture.
- Melt the butter in the oven safe skillet, then add the pork. Cook on medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork is 145 degrees