Seven Layer Dip is one of my favorites!! Not only do I love the taste, but it always puts me in a good mood because I think of so many parties that I’ve enjoyed it at.
I don’t even know how many points are in a typical seven layer dip, but I’m sure it’s a lot.
One cup of regular sour cream is 21 Weight Watchers Freestyle points. TWENTY-ONE!!!! That is how many points are in this entire recipe.
Instead of using the regular sour cream I used fat-free sour cream which is only 6 points. That’s a huge difference.
Another way I lightened up this seven layer dip was by using fat-free refried beans. Fat-free refried beans are 0 points on Freestyle vs. regular refried beans which would have been 5 points.
The last thing I did to lighten it up was by using a different cheese. My old recipe called for 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. That would have been 9 Freestyle points.
So instead I used reduced-fat Mexican cheese and it was only 5 points. That saved 4 points.
Just by making those 3 simple changes I saved 24 points! And guess what? This seven layer dip is still delicious!
I love this time of year. The kids are back in school and football season is upon us. This is a great dip to serve at football parties. Your guests won’t even know they are eating a lightened up version.
I served my dip with Tostitos bite size tortilla chips. They have the same great taste as regular Tostitos, but you can have 24 of them for only 4 points.
Another option would be to bake your own chips. This can easily be done by cutting a tortilla into little pieces, spray them with no-stick cooking spray, add a little salt and bake them at 400 degrees F. for about 10 minutes.
Weight Watchers Seven Layer Dip
Yield: 6 servings – approximately 1/4 cup each equals 3 Freestyle points
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1/2 cup Wholly Guacamole (I used 2 of the mini containers)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 green onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- In a small bowl mix together the sour cream and taco seasoning. Set aside for a minute.
- Use a (dinner) plate or medium bowl to layer the dip.
- Start with the refried beans. I warmed up the refried beans in the microwave for about 20 seconds so they were easier to spread.
- Next spread the guacamole onto the refried beans.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the guacamole.
- Sprinkle the Mexican cheese over the sour cream mixture.
- Add the tomatoes, olives and green onions.