Tostadas have become one of my favorite foods to eat. They are low in points and you can do so much with them.
The title of this post is a little long, but I didn’t want to leave anything out. I stopped at adding cheese, green onions and lettuce. 🙂
This has quickly become one of my favorite recipes. All of the ingredients together are like an explosion in my mouth!
I love the ranch sauce. I simply took a 16 oz. container of fat-free sour cream and mixed it with a ranch dip packet.
Since the fat-free sour cream is runnier than regular sour cream it’s perfect as the sauce for the tostada.
You can have 1/4 cup of the fat-free sour cream and it is still only 1 point. Personally, I love ranch, but that would be a little too much for even me.
The good news is the leftover ranch is great with veggies, so it shouldn’t go to waste.
This recipe is great for leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken. Of course, you can always cook fresh chicken.
I have had people ask me where I find the tostada shells. I shop at Kroger and I find them with the tortilla shells. They are on the top shelf.
As someone that is only 5’3″ I will say that I couldn’t find the tostada shells at first. The two grocery stores that are by me both keep them on the top shelf.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Tostadas
Yield: 4 Tostadas – 4 Freestyle points per tostada
- 4 tostada shells
- 2 cups shredded boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 slices of center cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- Lettuce, chopped
- Green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 16 oz. fat-free sour cream
- 1 packet of ranch dip seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix together the fat-free sour cream and ranch dip seasoning. Set aside.
- Put the tostada shells on a baking sheet. Add the chicken and cheese to each one.
- Place in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Add the lettuce, green onion, bacon and ranch sauce.