My first stop at the grocery store is always the produce section. I especially love it during the summer. There are so many fresh veggies and fruit to choose from.
I am kind of sad that I didn’t plant a garden this year. Cucumbers straight from the garden would be perfect for these tuna boats!
Not to worry though, they are still delicious with grocery store cucumbers, and they are low in points.
Four of these tuna boats are only 2 Freestyle points. That makes this an extremely filling snack or a tasty lunch. You choose!
The only thing in this recipe that has points is the one tablespoon of light mayonnaise that I used. I mixed it with 1 tablespoon of non-fat Greek yogurt. If you are not a fan of Greek yogurt you can use 2 tablespoons of light mayonnaise instead. That would make it 3 Freestyle points instead of 2.
I used an English cucumber for the tuna boats. It was really easy to scoop out the seeds. I used a small spoon and just scraped them out.
That is the most challenging part of this recipe. And let me tell you, it’s easy! At the most, this recipe took me 15 minutes to make.
Yield: 4 tuna boats = 2 Freestyle points
- 1 English cucumber
- 5 oz. can of white tuna in water
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel cucumber, cut in half, then cut it lengthwise. You should have 4 pieces.
- Use a spoon to remove the seeds.
- In a small bowl mix together the tuna, celery, onions, light mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the tuna mixture to the cucumber boats. Enjoy!
Optional: I added a small amount of dill to each cucumber boat.