I have been doing so good with my diet lately! I know for me there are times that I fall off the wagon. Food is so tempting!
When it’s time to get back on the wagon I find it so easy with Weight Watchers. When I used to do a low carb diet I would dread when it was time to start it.
I don’t like being limited to what I can eat. That’s why I love Weight Watchers so much. I can still have whatever I want.
I’m always trying to come up with new recipes. I saw a veggie sandwich on Pinterest that inspired this Veggie Quesadilla. The great thing is you can do this with pretty much any vegetables.
I used red, green, yellow peppers and onions for the quesadilla. I also added 2 tablespoons of part-skim mozzarella cheese for only 1 Freestyle point.
It needed some type of dressing added so I used lite balsamic vinegar. I love Caprese salads and the dressing with the mozzarella cheese kind of gave it that vibe.
The Xtreme Wellness high fiber tortillas are only 1 Freestyle point. That means this veggie quesadilla is only 3 Freestyle points.
I think tomorrow I am going to make another quesadilla for lunch. This time I’m going to try spinach and cheese with a little bit of garlic.
I always have tortillas on hand and it’s something I never get sick of. I had the veggie quesadilla today for lunch, then we had tacos for dinner. I know it’s not Tuesday, we like to live on the edge.
Yield: 2 Veggie quesadillas (3 Freestyle points each)
- 2 Xtreme Wellness high fiber tortillas
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons lite balsamic vinegar dressing
- Slice the red, green, yellow pepper and onion into long, thin pieces.
- Heat a skillet and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Add the veggies.
- Cook until tender, stirring frequently. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove veggies from pan.
- Add half of the cheese to one of the tortillas, then add 1/2 of the veggies to it.
- Place the tortilla in the pan and cook until cheese is melted. Add 1 tablespoon of dressing.
- Repeat with second tortilla and the rest of the ingredients.