‘Tis the season for fresh fruit! And I love coming up with fun new ideas to use it.
This Fruit Sushi is not only great for Weight Watchers, but kids get a kick out of it too! To top it all off it is low in points.
I use the Ole Xtreme high fiber tortilla for this, which is only 1 Freestyle point per tortilla. The fruit has zero points. For the spread I used a combination of fat-free Greek yogurt, PB2 powder and artificial sweetener. That adds 1 Freestyle point.
I used mini chocolate chips because it added a little chocolate flavor and it was only 1 point for a teaspoon.
One tortilla makes about 8 fruit sushi slices, which is 2 Freestyle points. It’s a very filling snack!
The recipe uses 2 tortillas so you get roughly 16 fruit sushi rolls depending on how thick you cut it.
I used bananas and strawberries. Bananas make it really easy to roll up. Of course you could always try it with other fruit.
This is what it looks like when assembling the fruit sushi:
You just lay out the tortilla, spread the yogurt mixture across, add the fruit, roll it up then slice it. That’s it! A quick, low point snack.
Since the yogurt mixture makes enough for two tortillas you can always save half if you just want to have one tortilla. You could even eat the yogurt by itself as a snack, it’s pretty yummy!
Yield: 2 Servings – 2 points per serving for blue, green and purple
- 2 Ole Xtreme high fiber tortilla wraps
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons PB2 powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon Splenda (or other artificial sweetener)
- 2 bananas
- 2 strawberries, thinly sliced
- Mix together the PB2 powder and water.
- Add the fat-free Greek yogurt to the PB2 mixture and stir well.
- Lay out a tortilla and spread half of the yogurt mixture onto it.
- Add 1 banana and strawberry slices from one strawberry.
- Roll up the tortilla and cut into slices.
- Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.