There are two things I love about this salsa. One is how pretty it is. It’s so colorful! The second is that the salsa is 0 Freestyle points.
The salsa tastes good on its own, or with a chicken breast. I have also served it as an appetizer, I just put a spoonful of it onto Tortilla Scoops. 13 of the chips is 4 Freestyle points.
The black bean salsa only takes a few minutes to make. It’s as easy as throwing all of the ingredients into a bowl and giving it a good stir. That’s it!
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Black Bean Salsa
Yield: 1-4 Servings (0 Freestyle points)
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime (I used this lime squeezer)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Add all of the above ingredients to a bowl and stir.