If you’re looking for a quick breakfast, then this is it! It takes about 5 minutes to get this mug french toast ready. That’s it!
The bonus is that it’s only 2 Freestyle points. I carefully selected ingredients and the amounts I used to keep it low in points. I used 1 teaspoon of sugar free maple syrup in the egg mixture which allowed me to still use 1 tablespoon to pour over it while keeping it 0 points. I also wanted to sprinkle powdered sugar on it. I like the extra bit of sweetness it adds, but I also like the way it looks. I only used a 1/2 teaspoon which didn’t add any points to it.
I love to use a mesh strainer to sprinkle on the powdered sugar. This is the one I used: (This is an affiliate link. If you purchase through this link I will earn a small commission.)
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Mug French Toast
Yield: 1 Serving (2 Freestyle Points)
- 2 slices Sara Lee Multigrain Bread (or any other bread that is 1 Freestyle point per slice)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar (optional)
- Cut the crust off of the bread, then cut bread into bite-size pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg, cinnamon, sugar free maple syrup and milk.
- Spray a mug with no stick cooking spray.
- Add the bread pieces to the mug, then pour egg mixture over it.
- Microwave 90-120 seconds, in 30 second intervals. Let the french toast cool for about 10 seconds each time. Keep an eye on the french toast so it doesn’t cook over the sides of the mug.
- Let cool for a minute then use a mesh strainer to sprinkle on powdered sugar.