Who can say no to birthday cake flavored anything!? The crust of this cheesecake is what takes it to the next level!
I made the crust with Birthday Cake flavored Zee Zee’s Grahamz. Chances are your children will know what these are.
They are sold in schools all across the U.S. They are made with whole grain, yet they still taste great! My kids love them. Because of that, I thought I would try them out in a recipe.
You can find them on Amazon:
I had a tough time picking between the Strawberry and Birthday Cake Grahamz. I ended up going with the birthday cake because that would go great with sprinkles. 🙂
The sprinkles make it so colorful and fun. I used 2 tablespoons which is 2 points. Not bad for a whole pie!
Since I first posted this recipe I have tried it with strawberry crust. Instead of adding sprinkles, I cut up some fresh strawberries to put on top.
It was delicious! Plus my kids love this dessert…both ways!
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Birthday Cake Crust Cheesecake
Yield: 8 Servings (4 Freestyle points per serving)
- 2 (1 oz.) bags Zee Zee’s Birthday Cake Grahamz
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (1 oz.) box sugar free, fat free cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 3/4 cup fat free skim milk
- 3 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. fat free Cool Whip
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- Place Zee Zee’s Grahamz in a food processor and run until they are crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor you can put them in a zip up bag and use a frying pan or meat mallet to turn them into crumbs.
- Place crumbs in a bowl, add the melted butter and stir together.
- Add the crust mixture to a 9″ pie pan and spread evenly across the bottom.
- In a medium size mixing bowl add the cheesecake pudding mix and skim milk. Whisk for 2 minutes. It will be thicker than regular pudding since you are using less milk.
- Add the softened cream cheese and whisk together.
- Fold in the 4 oz. of Cool Whip until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the pie pan, then add the rainbow sprinkles.
- Place in the freezer for 90 minutes, then serve.
Note: Store the cheesecake in the refrigerator, place it in the freezer for about 15 minutes before serving. It will make it easier to cut and serve.