Are you looking for a quick weeknight meal? Are you looking for healthy meals that are low in points? If so, this recipe is for you!
Some nights I don’t have time to mess around in the kitchen. That’s one of the many reasons I love my Instant Pot! Dinner is done fast and it tastes like it’s been cooking all day!
As much as I like Chinese food I don’t go to Chinese restaurants very often. I worry about the oil and sauce that they use. I find it difficult to accurately track it.
The one thing I do like to get is egg drop soup. That is very low in points and I find it to be very filling.
I made rice to go with this Mongolian Beef but you could also do riced cauliflower for fewer points. I’ve had it both ways and they are both good.
Yield: 4 servings (5 Freestyle points per serving)
- 1 lb. lean steak, cut into 1/4″ strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 T sugar free maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons water
- Green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Set Instant Pot to Saute. Season steak with salt and pepper, then add to the Instant Pot. Lightly brown the steak, then turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add the soy sauce, water, garlic, syrup and minced ginger. Give it a good stir.
- Put the lid on and lock it. Make sure the lever is set to seal. Press the manual button and set the time for 12 minutes.
- Once the time is up turn the Instant Pot off and do a quick release of pressure. Once the steam is released, carefully remove the lid.
- In a small bowl stir the cornstarch and 3 teaspoons of water until smooth.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and add the cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly until it comes to a boil. Once the sauce has thickened add the green onions and turn the Instant Pot off.