We’re just 8 days away from the Superbowl! I thought it was time for me to start thinking of some appetizers I could make and eat without feeling guilty. I came up with a couple of winners today!
The first thing I made was meatball sub cupcakes. I used this meatball recipe. I only used 1/2 of the meat mixture for this. I also made the meatballs into smaller portions. Half of the recipe made 24 meatballs. I only cooked the meatballs for 5 minutes by themselves. That’s because they cook the rest of the way inside of the crescent rolls. These turned out really good! I will definitely be making them again.
Meatball Sub Cupcakes
Yield: 24 (2 Freestyle points each)
- 1 – 8 oz. Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 of this meatball recipe. Do not cook according to that meatball recipe.
- 1/3 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Optional: spaghetti sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll the meatballs into 24 mini meatballs. Put them on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Open the crescent rolls and lay it in a flat rectangle. Pinch together so that it makes one solid rectangle, getting rid of the perforated lines.
- Use a 2-inch circular cookie cutter to cut out 24 circles. Put them into the bottom of the mini muffin pan.
- Place the partially baked meatballs into the muffin pan. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese onto them.
- Bake 11-13 minutes.