My kids love to have breakfast for dinner. I don’t know if it’s because they feel like they’re breaking the rules, or they just love breakfast. Either way, it makes them happy.
They usually want pancakes or french toast. I like both of those too, but they don’t exactly fit with my daily points. So the other night I made them pancakes but made an egg & hash brown waffle for myself. It did not disappoint!
I bought Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns. They are in the refrigerated section. I didn’t want to use frozen potatoes for this. I ate it with salsa and fat free sour cream on the side. I had to add one point for the sour cream bringing my total to 5 points, but it was totally worth it!
Egg & Hash Brown Waffle
Yield: 1 waffle (4 Freestyle Points)
- 3/4 cup Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns (or any other hash browns not frozen)
- 1 egg
- 1 oz. low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up the waffle maker while you prepare the waffle ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, scramble the egg. Add the potatoes, cheese, onion, salt and pepper.
- Spray the waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the mixture onto the waffle maker and close the lid. Let cook until it is golden/golden brown.
SabrinaMarch 29, 2018 at 3:34 am
Cuban sandwich isn’t on here it’s the waffle sandwich. Would really love the recipe for the Cuban sandwich.
keepingonpointMarch 29, 2018 at 11:22 am
Here is the link for the Cuban: https://keepingonpoint.com/2018/01/25/cuban-flatbread-5-freestyle-points/