Here’s another appetizer perfect for a Superbowl party! This one was approved by my whole family…kids included. Even though it’s a little on the spicy side, everyone gobbled it up.
This is also an appetizer you can take to a party. Just make the chicken mixture ahead of time. While you’re at the party you can put the chicken in the chips and bake them.
You need one cup of shredded chicken for this. I bought a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to use. It made the recipe that much easier!
I feel like I talk about rotisserie chickens ALL THE TIME! But I really do use them as much as I say I do.
I only use the breasts without the skin. Don’t worry though, the rest of it doesn’t go to waste.
My kids usually always want a chicken leg and the thighs are reserved for my cat and dog. They both love getting little chicken treats.
They love it so much that when they hear the sound of the bag they come running. They both look at me with sad eyes waiting for a piece or two to fall.
Buffalo Chicken Bites
Yield: 32 buffalo chicken bites (2 bites = 1 Freestyle point)
- 32 Tostitos Scoops
- 1 cup of chicken breast, shredded
- 2 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz. part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce
- green onions to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chicken breast, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and wing sauce.
- Spread out tortilla chips on a baking pan. Fill each chip with a small spoonful of the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until chicken mixture is heated through.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
Leave a Reply