This one is a winner! It was gobbled up by me and my kids in just minutes.
These pretzel bites are another great idea for a Super Bowl party. Your guests will be impressed that you can make pretzels and they won’t even realize this is a perfect recipe for Weight Watchers.
This recipe isn’t too time consuming. I used Pillsbury Grands biscuits which were perfect. No need to make your own dough!
Pretzel Bites and Cheese Dip
Yields: 10 servings (3 pretzels with 2 tablespoons of cheese dip = 5 Freestyle points)
- 5 Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- 6 cups water
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Bring 6 cups of water and baking soda to a boil.
- Drop the dough balls into the boiling water for one minute.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and spray with no-stick cooking spray.
- Remove the pretzels with a slotted spoon and place them on the baking pan.
- Brush each pretzel with the egg. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the pretzels cook, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour and whisk together.
- Slowly add the milk to the saucepan, while whisking. Allow the mixture to simmer for a minute until it thickens slightly. Add the cheddar cheese and whisk together until cheese is melted and blended.
- Season cheese with salt and pepper.