Are you looking for a delicious and healthy way to enjoy seven layer dip? Look no further than the seven layer dip tostada!
This crunchy, flavorful dish is perfect for game day snacking or any time you want to satisfy your craving for Mexican food.
Packed with protein, fiber, and veggies, this tostada is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Plus, it’s Weight Watchers friendly so you can indulge without feeling guilty.
The Seven Layers:
(1) Refried beans are the hearty foundation of this seven layer dip tostada. Their creamy texture adds a smooth and satisfying layer to the tostada, providing a delicious contrast to the crunchy shell and fresh toppings.
To help keep it WW friendly I used fat-free refried beans. The beans can be a little hard to spread right out of the can, so I add a little bit of water and pop it in the microwave for a few seconds.
(2) No seven layer dip is complete without a generous layer of creamy guacamole. To keep this recipe easy I used Wholly Guacamole.
You can use 3 tablespoons for only 2 points. I used 1 1/2 tablespoons for each tostada.
(3) Adding a dollop of creamy sour cream mixed with taco seasoning is a game-changer for your seven layer dip tostada.
Not only does it provide a cool and tangy flavor, but it also adds a smooth texture that complements the other layers perfectly.
I used fat-free sour cream to keep the WW points low. It’s only 1 point for 1/4 cup of fat-free sour cream.
(4) Next up is the shredded cheese. You can use reduced-fat Mexican cheese or cheddar cheese. Both are delicious.
To help keep the points low I only used 2 tablespoons of cheese, 1 tablespoon for each tostada.
(5) Now it’s time to add a burst of freshness to your seven layer dip tostada with juicy, diced tomatoes!
These vibrant red gems not only bring color to your snack but also add a tangy and slightly sweet flavor that perfectly balances out the other layers.
Packed with vitamins and antioxidants, these tomatoes are a healthy addition to your tostada.
(6) Add a touch of briny goodness to your seven layer dip tostada with sliced black olives! These savory little gems bring a burst of flavor and a hint of saltiness to the mix.
Not only do they add an extra dimension to your snack, but they also provide a pop of color that makes your tostada visually appealing.
(7) Don’t forget to top off your seven layer dip tostada with a sprinkling of fresh and vibrant green onions!
These little gems add a subtle, yet delightful crunch to each bite. They also bring a touch of mild onion flavor that pairs perfectly with the other layers.
Click here to track the points on your WW app.
Assembly: How to Stack the Layers:
Now that you have all the delicious layers prepared, it’s time to assemble your ultimate seven layer dip tostada!
Start by spreading a generous layer of refried beans onto your crunchy tostada shell. Since they’re 0 points you can add as much as you’d like.
Next, add 1 1/2 tablespoons of guacamole and spread it evenly.
Follow it up with 2 tablespoons of the sour cream mixture and a sprinkle of shredded cheese (1 tablespoon of cheese).
Then, top it off with diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, and a handful of green onions. And voila! Your perfectly stacked seven layer dip tostada is ready to be devoured!
Yield: 2 servings
Click here to track the points on your WW app.
- 2 tostada shells (I used Ole Crunchy Corn Tostadas)
- 1/4 cup (or more) fat-free refried beans
- 3 tablespoons Wholly Guacamole
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat Mexican cheese, shredded
- 2-4 tablespoons tomato, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
In a small bowl mix together the sour cream and taco seasoning.
Spread a layer of refried beans onto the tostada shell.
Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of guacamole and spread it evenly over the beans.
Follow it up with 2 tablespoons of the sour cream mixture and a tablespoon of shredded cheese.
Top the tostada off with tomatoes, sliced black olives, and green onions. Repeat the steps for the second tostada.
Here are some more WW friendly recipes:
If you’re looking for some zero point recipes, check out my post 20 Zero Point Recipes or my post 20 (More) Zero Point Recipes. Both are filled with delicious recipes that won’t cost you a single point! They’re perfect for days when you’re running low on points, or trying to save up points for a night out.
If you’re looking for dessert recipes you can visit 50 Weight Watchers Freestyle Desserts. It’s filled with delicious desserts perfect for Weight Watchers!
Are you looking for a meal plan that’s Weight Watchers friendly? I have over 100 meal plans that you can choose from and I post a new one each week. Click here to check them out!