If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner, this recipe is for you! This was ready to serve and headed into my tummy within 30 minutes. And it’s low in points!
I am always looking for easy meals to make during the week. This recipe is perfect for that.
I used chicken breasts (minus the skin) from a rotisserie chicken. Having chicken that was already cooked definitely saved me time.
Even if you don’t use a rotisserie chicken this recipe is still quick.
I know not everyone is a fan of cilantro. Personally, I love it! If you don’t like it that’s ok. You can just leave it out.
If you don’t like red onions you can switch them for white or yellow onions, or even chives.
There are so many ways you can change up this recipe to make it the way you like it!
I’m somewhat of a picky eater so I often change up recipes to make them the way I like them. There are no rules for me when it comes to cooking.
I found the sugar-free BBQ sauce at Kroger. I’m sure most grocery stores carry it. I kind of had to search for it, but it was with all of the other BBQ sauces.
These tostadas are only 4 Freestyle points each. And they’re filling!
BBQ Chicken Tostadas
Yield: 4 BBQ chicken tostadas (4 Freestyle points per tostada)
- 4 tostada shells
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 5 tablespoons sugar free BBQ sauce
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Red onions, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put chopped chicken breasts in a bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of the sugar free BBQ sauce.
- Place tostada shells on a baking sheet. Add 1/4 of the chicken mixture to each shell.
- Sprinkle red onion onto the tostadas.
- Add 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese to each tostada.
- Bake 6-8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and drizzle more sugar free BBQ sauce on top.