I love these brownies!!! They are so good and only 4 Freestyle points per serving.
That’s for the brownie, chocolate frosting and crushed candy canes. It’s perfect for Christmas time too!
I bet if you made these Peppermint Brownies and served them nobody would know they are Weight Watchers friendly. That’s how good they are!
I used Pillsbury sugar free brownie mix and Diet Coke to make the brownies. If you haven’t done this before you need to know the Diet Coke replaces the egg and oil. You only use the brownie mix and Diet Coke.
The most common question I get is asking if you still use the eggs or oil. I know it seems odd, but you don’t.
Also, the batter will seem runnier than what you’re used to. That’s ok. Once the brownies are baked they somehow turn into regular brownies. I don’t know how it works, but it does.
I love watching Food Network. Even though I’m always cooking and trying to come up with new recipes I still enjoy watching cooking shows. It also inspires me to come up with new recipes, which I love.
I was watching Giada today and she was making brownies for Christmas. I think she was going to turn them into Christmas trees, but I can’t tell you for sure. That’s because when she mentioned brownies I immediately wanted to make some Christmas brownies.
That’s when I came up with these Peppermint Brownies. I went straight to the grocery store and bought the brownie mix, sugar free frosting, Diet Coke and candy canes. That’s all you need!
The box of brownie mix is 32 points. I only used 1/2 cup of frosting which was 12 points. The brownies are cooked in an 8×8 pan so you don’t really need a lot of frosting. Plus I didn’t want it to be too sweet. I bought Brach’s mini candy canes which are 1 point per candy cane. I used three of them.
This recipe makes 12 brownies for 4 Freestyle points each. Let me tell you, it’s worth every point!
Peppermint Brownies - Weight Watchers Freestyle
Yield: 12 servings – 4 Freestyle points per serving
- 1 box Pillsbury sugar free chocolate fudge brownie mix
- 12 oz. Diet Coke
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury sugar free chocolate fudge frosting
- 3 mini candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl add the sugar free brownie mix and Diet Coke. Stir together with a spoon according to the directions on the box.
- Spray an 8×8 baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Add the brownie batter to the ban.
- Bake 28-30 minutes or until cooked all the way through. I let mine cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Let brownies cool all the way, then add the frosting.
- Place candy canes in a small zip up baggie and smash them with a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle over the brownies.