This Chicken Lazone is my new favorite recipe! I will be putting this in my rotation, like once a week.
Not only does it taste delicious, but it is low in points too. That means I didn’t have to feel guilty about serving it over some pasta.
If you want to keep it really low in points you can skip the pasta. It tastes delicious on its own too.
Typically Chicken Lazone is made with heavy whipping cream and a fair amount of butter. To lighten it up I used fat-free half and half and only used 1 tablespoon of butter.
Replacing the heavy whipping cream with fat-free half and half saved 17 points! Although the half and half is quite thin I used cornstarch to thicken it up. It’s only 1 point for a tablespoon of cornstarch.
Some recipes call for 4 tablespoons of butter and that would be 20 points. Instead, I used 1 tablespoon of butter for only 5 points.
Making two simple changes to this recipe saved 31 points! So instead of the Chicken Lazone being 10 Freestyle points per serving it is only 3 Freestyle points.
Let me tell you, the spices in this recipe are the star of the show in my eyes. Not the butter or the cream.
The spices are a combination of salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. These spices taste so good together!
You season the chicken with the spice mixture, then cook it in the butter. Once the chicken is cooked you remove it from the pan to make the sauce.
I added the fat-free half and half to the same pan and scraped up any brown bits left from cooking the chicken. The seasoning adds so much flavor to the sauce. It really is out of this world.
I used one pound of boneless chicken tenderloins which was 6 pieces. The recipe is 3 Freestyle points per serving – 2 chicken tenderloins per serving. I served mine with 1/2 cup angel hair pasta for 3 Freestyle points. All together my dinner was 6 Freestyle points.
Chicken Lazone - Weight Watchers Freestyle
Yield: 3 servings (3 Freestyle points per serving)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free half and half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- Parsley flakes (optional)
- Preheat a 10″ frying pan over medium-low heat.
- In a small bowl mix together the salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over all sides of the chicken tenderloins.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan and add the chicken. Cook 7-8 minutes or until done, turning halfway through.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the pan, then add the fat-free half and half. Scrape the bottom of the pan and stir together.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water, then add it to the pan.
- Stir the sauce frequently until it thickens, then add the chicken back in.
- Optional: add the chicken to 1/2 cup angel hair pasta (3 Freestyle points) for a total of 6 Freestyle points.