This Western Quesadilla is easy to make, fast and filling. And it’s only 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle points!
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
With the kids back in school, this is a perfect breakfast to make. For them and you! It only takes about 10 minutes to whip up.
If you like western omelettes you should like my western quesadilla. It’s full of eggs, cheese, green peppers, onions and ham. Not bad for only 4 points!
Part of my weekly meal prep includes chopping up veggies that I know I will be using. For this western quesadilla I chop up onions and green peppers and store them in a small container in the fridge.
I am able to make this quesadilla multiple mornings in a row and I only have to scramble the eggs for prep.
For the ham I used Cumberland diced ham. You can have 2 ounces for only 1 Freestyle point. I only used 1 ounce for my quesadilla.
I used a non-stick frying pan to make my western quesadilla, I didn’t even use cooking spray. I heated the pan up, then added the green peppers, onions and ham.
I let that cook for a minute, then I added the scrambled eggs and seasoned it with salt and pepper.
When that was done cooking I put the eggs in a bowl and wiped clean the frying pan.
Then it’s time to assemble the quesadilla. The first thing I did was add the cheese. I used 1 1/2 slices of Sargento ultra thin mild cheddar cheese.
Then I added the scrambled egg mixture.
The last step is to add it back to the frying pan.
I let it cook for about 5 minutes, until the cheese was melted and the tortilla was browned.
I serve my western quesadilla with fat-free sour cream and salsa. I only use 1 tablespoon of fat free sour cream because it is 0 points. If you go over 1 tablespoon you will have to add more points.
Yield: 1 Western Quesadilla = 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle points
- 1 Ole Xtreme high fiber low carb tortilla
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1 tablespoon green peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1-2 oz. Cumberland diced ham
- 1 1/2 slices Sargento ultra thin mild cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the green peppers, onions, and diced ham. Heat for 1 minute.
- Add the scrambled eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the eggs are cooked, set aside in a bowl and clean out the frying pan.
- Assemble the quesadilla by adding the cheese to the tortilla, then the egg mixture on top of the cheese.
- Place the tortilla back in the frying pan. Let it cook for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is browned.