Do you like bananas? How about chocolate? Yogurt too? Then you will love these frozen banana pops!
I bet you’re wondering how many points they are….ZERO! That’s right, zero Freestyle points! I love making new recipes that taste great and don’t cost me any points.
I had some bananas left from when I made banana bites the other day. I didn’t want them to go bad, so I had to find something to do with them. That’s when I thought about freezing them, maybe some fat free Greek yogurt, and drizzling with sugar free chocolate syrup. It sounded like a winning recipe to me!
I love eating bananas, but I find that I can’t have more than one a day even though they don’t cost me any points. If I have more than one it’s likely I won’t see the scale go down.
I bought these popsicle sticks from Amazon a while back. I knew they would come in handy at some point.
Here are some things I used for this recipe:
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Frozen Banana Pops
Yield: 6 Banana Pops (0 Freestyle Points each)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons granulated Splenda
- Sugar free chocolate syrup (I used Hershey’s)
- Peel each banana, cut off the ends, then cut in half.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Carefully place a popsicle stick into each banana and place the bananas onto the baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Add the fat free Greek yogurt to a tall thin drinking cup. Add the vanilla and Splenda and stir well.
- Dip a banana into the yogurt mixture, then place back onto the baking sheet.
- Once all of the bananas are dipped in yogurt put them back in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Drizzle sugar free chocolate syrup onto the frozen banana pops and put back into the freezer for 30 minutes, or until completely frozen.