A pasta dish for only 5 Freestyle points per serving? Yes please!! And it has melted cheese? This could be the perfect dinner.
This spaghetti pie is something I’ve been making for years, but I’ve lightened it up. It used to have ground beef and more cheese in it. I honestly don’t miss it. It’s lighter yet still filling.
I used store bought spaghetti sauce for this which was 6 points. I have made my own sauce in the past which reduced the points by 1 point per serving. This is why I always doublecheck what points are in a recipe I’m making even if it comes with the point value.
Yield: 6 Servings (5 Freestyle points per serving)
- 8 oz. spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to directions on the box, then drain.
- Add egg, parmesan cheese and salt to a large bowl. Mix the ingredients together. Add the spaghetti noodles and stir until well mixed.
- Spray a glass pie baking dish with no stick cooking spray. Press the noodle mixture into the pie dish.
- Add the spaghetti sauce to the pasta and spread evenly over the top.
- Add the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pasta is heated through.
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
This is the perfect size pie plate: