My husband and I went out to eat last weekend without the kids. I had the BEST hummus I’ve ever eaten. I’m usually all about my Sabra hummus, but this was on another level. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it.
I decided to give it a shot and make my own. Of course I wanted it to be delicious, but I also wanted it low in points.
My hubby was my helper. He helped me taste it and figure out what else it may need. We both loved the finished product!
The most time consuming part of this recipe is removing the skins from the chickpeas. But trust me, it’s worth it. It really helps give the hummus that creamy consistency.
I drained the chickpeas in a colander and ran them under hot water for a minute. That helped the skins peel off quite easily.
This is the exact food processor I used for the hummus. It’s mini, but it works great! (This is an affiliate link. I may earn a small commission if purchased.)
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Yield: 4 Servings (approximately 4 tablespoons per serving – 1 Freestyle point per serving)
- 1 (16 oz.) can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Drain chickpeas in a colander. Run under hot water for a minute, then remove the skins.
- Put the chickpeas into a food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients as well.
- Run the food processor until the hummus is smooth. I let mine run for a few minutes once it was all broken down.
If you’re looking for some zero point recipes, check out my post 20 Zero Point Recipes or my post 20 (More) Zero Point Recipes. Both are filled with delicious recipes that won’t cost you a single point! They’re perfect for days when you’re running low on points, or trying to save up points for a night out.
If you’re looking for dessert recipes you can visit 50 Weight Watchers Freestyle Desserts. It’s filled with delicious desserts perfect for Weight Watchers!