This is a great option for a 0 point breakfast! If you add a piece of toast it’s still low in points. Personally, I like mine with a slice of toast. I love dipping it into the yolk and the tomato sauce.
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
I love fresh basil. It is the perfect addition to this dish. If you’re not a fan you can leave it out. I made my own sauce so that I could keep it at 0 points. You can also use store bought marinara sauce, just make sure you calculate the points.
I like this dish because it is not a typical breakfast. It’s nice to mix things up every once in a while. Eating the same thing all of the time gets boring.
I used 10 oz. ramekins for this recipe. They are the perfect size! These are the exact ramekins I used:
Baked Italian Eggs
Yield: 4 Servings (0 Freestyle points per serving)
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the first 8 ingredients to a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Let sauce cool.
- Lightly spray 4 (10 oz.) ramekins with no-stick cooking spray.
- Add 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce to each ramekin.
- Add one egg to each ramekin. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until the egg white is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil.