This is my new favorite!!! I will definitely be making this on a regular basis.
There’s pasta, chicken and cheese. Need I say more? It’s quick and easy to make, plus it is filling. I used a rotisserie chicken (just the breasts) because I was lazy. It would also be great with some seasoned and baked chicken breasts.
This dish makes 6 servings and it’s only 6 Freestyle points per serving.
Chicken Spinach Bake
Yield: 6 servings (6 Freestyle points per serving)
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 6 oz. cavatappi pasta
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 oz. chopped spinach (I used frozen spinach thawed and drained)
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put tomato sauce in a small saucepan and add the dried minced onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook and drain cavatappi according to the directions but subtract 1 minute from the cook time.
- Poor noodles back into the pan they were cooked in. Add the chicken, spinach and spaghetti sauce, then stir it all up.
- Pour into a casserole dish and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and it’s heated through.