This soup may not look like anything special, but the taste of the broth is delicious!
If you leave the avocado slices out of the soup it is 0 Freestyle points. On the other hand, I’ve added points to it by adding a cup of noodles. I just add them in the last few minutes. It makes for a filling meal with or without the noodles.
It’s a simple recipe with just a few ingredients, but those ingredients together taste so good!
Mexican Chicken Soup
Yield: 6 Servings (0 Freestyle Points)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces (uncooked)
- 6 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Spray with no-stick cooking spray and add the onions and garlic, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Push onions and garlic to the side and add the chicken. Cook until slightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in the lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.