As a child I was extremely picky. I used to drive my Mom nuts! I hated vegetables, fish, and pretty much most things that are healthy. I’ve gotten better, but I’m still kind of picky.
During Lent we were not allowed to eat meat on Fridays. I dreaded that time of year. Fish was probably my least favorite food, especially salmon patties.
Back then there was no backup option. You ate what you were served, end of story.
I think that is the reason I still don’t like salmon. So sorry to all of you salmon lovers, you probably won’t see me post a recipe for it. 🙂
I’m happy to report I do like other fish now. I really like crab and lobster! It’s a good thing too since most of it is 0 points.
That’s why I decided to make crab cakes. The Panko breadcrumbs are the only thing that adds points to these.
Instead of using mayonnaise I added non-fat Greek yogurt. I couldn’t even tell a difference. It did not give it that sour/bitter taste at all. I think these crab cakes are a winner!
Yield: 6 Crab Cakes (3 crab cakes per serving = 3 Freestyle points)
- 8 oz. crab meat
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- In a medium bowl add the egg and yogurt. Whisk it together. Then add the Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, Old Bay seasoning and chopped chives. Whisk it all together.
- Add the crab meat and gently stir. Then stir in the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Form the mixture into 6 cakes.
- Pre-heat a frying pan over medium heat. Spray pan with no-stick cooking spray and add the crab cakes. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, or until slightly golden.