I kept seeing this recipe floating around Pinterest. I thought it looked really good, but I also knew I could lighten it up.
The original recipe called for ground beef. That would be 15 points! I decided to switch out the ground beef for the 99% fat free ground turkey breast for zero points. Another change I made was using reduced fat cheese. This recipe makes 6 servings for only 4 Freestyle points per serving.
Another great thing about this dish is that it’s made in the Instant Pot. It’s the perfect meal for when you don’t have a lot of time!
I added fat free sour cream, cilantro and onion to my pasta. The points for the sour cream are not included in the 4 points.
Yield: 6 servings (4 Freestyle points per serving)
- 1 lb. 99% fat free ground turkey breast
- 1 oz. packet taco seasoning
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 oz. medium shells
- 1 cup reduced fat Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Add the turkey breast to the Instant Pot and set it to saute. Break up the turkey breast as it browns. Once it is browned, add the taco seasoning and stir.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and beef broth. Then add the pasta shells. Use the spoon to push the pasta shells into the liquid.
- Add the lid to the pot and set the lever to seal.
- Press the manual button and set for 5 minutes.
- Once it’s done cooking, use the quick release. Once the steam is released, carefully remove the lid. Add the Mexican blend cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.