I’m all about trying new things to make a recipe lower in points. Tonight I decided to experiment with non-fat Greek yogurt. I mixed it with taco seasoning to see if I could tell the difference vs. sour cream. I must say, it was a success!
Although it was really good, I didn’t tell the kids it was yogurt. Sometimes when you plant a seed like that they won’t like it just because it sounds weird. I must admit, it does sound kind of gross. But they liked it! I did the same thing with my sausage, egg and cheese crescent rolls. My daughter ate two of them before I told her it was turkey sausage. She said she couldn’t even tell the difference.
You can add more ingredients to these pinwheels too. They would be great with tomatoes or cilantro. So many possibilities! Just be sure to calculate any additional points if need be.
Weight Watchers Pinwheels
Yield: 20 pinwheels (5 pinwheels per serving is 2 Freestyle points)
- 4 – Ole Mexican Foods Xtreme Wellness! High fiber low carb tortilla (these are only 1 point each, if you use a different tortilla you will need to check the points)
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning (I used Old El Paso which was 0 points)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat 4 cheese Mexican, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a small bowl, mix together the non-fat Greek yogurt and taco seasoning.
- Lay out a tortilla. Spread a spoonful of the yogurt mixture on it, but keep away from the edge so it doesn’t spill out when you roll it up. Add the cheese (about 2 tablespoons worth) and green onions.
- Starting at one end, roll up the tortilla. Wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Unwrap the tortillas. Cut the ends off, then cut into pinwheels. Each tortilla gave me 5 pinwheels.
Follow us on Pinterest!
Leave a Reply