Tonight was another night of breakfast for dinner! My husband was especially happy with this recipe. My daughter also loved it. I waited until she was done eating to tell her I used turkey sausage. She had no clue. Parent win!!
I found my inspiration for this on Pillsbury’s website. The recipe they posted was 7 Freestyle points.
I knew I could lighten it up. I used light crescent rolls, turkey sausage and reduced fat cheddar cheese. The original recipe called for regular crescent rolls, sausage links and cheddar cheese.
That brought it down to 5 Freestyle points.
Sausage, Egg & Cheese Crescent Rolls
Yield: 8 filled crescent rolls (1 crescent roll = 5 Freestyle points)
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (8 oz.) Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 8 fully cooked breakfast turkey sausage links (I used Jennie-O)
- 4 slices reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon to brush on the crescent rolls. Scramble and cook the rest of the eggs.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll the dough and separate into 8 triangles. Lay it flat on the baking sheet.
- Cut the 4 cheese slices in half. Place one half on each triangle. Add a spoonful of scrambled eggs and one sausage link. Carefully roll up the crescent dough, I started with the big end by rolling it over once, then I wrapped the small end around.
- Brush the reserved egg on each crescent roll. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 14-17 minutes or until golden brown