Tonight was another night of breakfast for dinner! My husband was especially happy with this recipe. My daughter also loved it.
I waited until she was done eating to tell her I used turkey sausage. She had no clue. Parent win!!
I found my inspiration for this on Pillsbury’s website. The recipe they posted was 7 Freestyle points.
I knew I could lighten it up. I used light crescent rolls, turkey sausage and reduced fat cheddar cheese.
The original recipe called for regular crescent rolls, sausage links and cheddar cheese.
That brought it down to 5 Freestyle points. (Click here to view your WW Personal Points and track it on your app.)
Sausage, Egg & Cheese Crescent Rolls
Yield: 8 filled crescent rolls (1 crescent roll = 5 Freestyle points)
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (8 oz.) Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 8 fully cooked breakfast turkey sausage links (I used Jennie-O)
- 4 slices reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon to brush on the crescent rolls. Scramble and cook the rest of the eggs.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll the dough and separate into 8 triangles. Lay it flat on the baking sheet.
- Cut the 4 cheese slices in half. Place one half on each triangle. Add a spoonful of scrambled eggs and one sausage link. Carefully roll up the crescent dough, I started with the big end by rolling it over once, then I wrapped the small end around.
- Brush the reserved egg on each crescent roll. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 14-17 minutes or until golden brown
I always have the hardest time rolling up crescent rolls. I feel like they never look right.
That’s ok though, these taste so good it doesn’t matter what they look like!
If you’re looking for some zero point recipes, check out my post 20 Zero Point Recipes or my post 20 (More) Zero Point Recipes. Both are filled with delicious recipes that won’t cost you a single point! They’re perfect for days when you’re running low on points, or trying to save up points for a night out.
If you’re looking for dessert recipes you can visit 50 Weight Watchers Freestyle Desserts. It’s filled with delicious desserts perfect for Weight Watchers!