These peanut butter cups are to die for!! They are easy to make, super low in points and DELICIOUS!!!
I’ve had frozen peanut butter cups made with Cool Whip and regular peanut butter.
Don’t get me wrong, it tastes great! But I wanted to lighten it up a bit.
What I did to lighten them up was used fat free Cool Whip and PB2 instead of peanut butter. I couldn’t even tell a difference.
I was scraping the bowl because I didn’t want to waste any. I also used sugar free chocolate syrup because it is 0 points.
I used more water than what the PB2 calls for, that’s because I wanted it a little more creamy. It made it easier to fold the Cool Whip in.
This recipe is really easy to make, and it’s a fun one to have the kids help you with. My youngest daughter loves these!
Although she likes helping me make them, she definitely enjoys eating them more.
The first time she helped me with this recipe she had no idea what the PB2 was. I can’t blame her, I think I had the same reaction at first.
I honestly don’t think you can tell that it’s not peanut butter in this recipe.
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Frozen Peanut Butter Cups
Yield: 24 frozen peanut butter cups (1 Freestyle point each)
- 1 (8 oz) tub fat free Cool Whip, thawed
- 8 tablespoons PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- 6 tablespoons water
- Sugar free chocolate syrup
- In a medium bowl mix the PB2 and water until smooth.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Line a mini muffin pan with mini muffin liners. Spoon in the mixture.
- Put in the freezer for 15 minutes, then drizzle on the chocolate. Place back in the freezer until it is completely frozen, about an hour.