Pasta is my weakness. I love it! That’s one of the reasons I love Weight Watchers…I can still eat it!
This meal is perfect for those busy nights during the week. It was about 30 minutes total time, including baking.
Plus it’s only 6 points for pasta and melted cheese! That’s pretty awesome!
I did something I don’t usually do….I bought premade alfredo sauce.
I also bought a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. The only thing I had to do was cook the noodles.
I am all about trying to make life easier. If that means using a rotisserie chicken instead of baking my own chicken breast, I’m okay with that.
I’m still making my family dinner. As long as I know the point value to my meal I am happy. I have yet to have anyone in my family question if I cooked the chicken myself, or bought it.
Plus my cat and dog LOVE getting a few pieces of chicken “dropped” for them.
I always go to the grocery store after work to pick up my rotisserie chicken. I have had it happen that they are out of rotisserie chickens. It is crushing!!
But I put on my big girl pants and head to the raw chicken. I may mumble a few bad words under my breath as I walk over, but I usually get over it pretty quick.
Chicken Alfredo Baked Penne
Yield: 8 servings (roughly 1 cup each, 6 Freestyle points per serving)
- 7 cups cooked penne pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 cup light alfredo sauce (I used Bertolli)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup mozzarella part skim shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir together the cooked noodles, chicken, alfredo sauce, garlic powder and parsley.
- Pour into a casserole dish. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
Follow us on Pinterest and never miss a recipe!