I’m not going to lie to you and tell you that these taste just like potatoes. They don’t. BUT if you like cauliflower I think you will really like these! Plus you get 8 of them for only 1 Freestyle SmartPoint.
Last night we had steak for dinner. I had plenty of points left for it, but I wanted a side that was very low in points. This is where the cauliflower tots came in. They went great with the salad and only cost me one point.
Yield: Recipe makes 40 tots, 8 per serving (1 Freestyle SmartPoint per serving)
- 12 oz. riced cauliflower (I used Green Giant Riced Cauliflower. I left it in the fridge overnight to thaw out)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, low fat
- 1 T chopped chives
- 1 T minced onion (dried)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Using a tablespoon, fill the muffin pan with the cauliflower mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip over the cauliflower tots. Bake another 8-10 minutes or until the tots are golden brown.
These taste great with a little bit of sour cream!