This is day 2 of accountability for me. I started my day off with my favorite breakfast sandwich.
It’s an English muffin with an egg white and 1/2 slice of American cheese. It doesn’t sound very exciting but I love it and it fills me up.
I calculate it at 6 points since I scrape out some of the muffin.
Lunch was a 6″ Turkey on wheat sub for 7 points. My afternoon snack was an apple. I have plenty of points left for dinner which is going to be steak and a new recipe for cauliflower tots. I’m pretty excited!
I don’t have very many side dishes on the blog so this week I want to add a few.
These cheddar & broccoli potato rounds were a hit last night. My husband and I gobbled them right up. They were a perfect side for our grilled chicken breast.
Cheddar and Broccoli Potato Rounds
Yield: 4 Servings (4 potato rounds per serving = 3 points per serving for blue and green, 1 point per serving for purple)
- One medium potato
- 1 cup of steamed broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Clean the potato, then cut it into 1/4″ slices. Add potato to the boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and pat them dry. Spray a baking sheet then add the potatoes. Sprinkle potatoes with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped broccoli to the potatoes, followed by the cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
I served my potatoes with fat free sour cream and chives.
If you’re looking for some zero point recipes, check out my post 20 Zero Point Recipes or my post 20 (More) Zero Point Recipes. Both are filled with delicious recipes that won’t cost you a single point! They’re perfect for days when you’re running low on points, or trying to save up points for a night out.
If you’re looking for dessert recipes you can visit 50 Weight Watchers Freestyle Desserts. It’s filled with delicious desserts perfect for Weight Watchers!