This is day 2 of accountability for me. I started my day off with my favorite breakfast sandwich. It’s an English muffin with an egg white and 1/2 slice of American cheese. It doesn’t sound very exciting but I love it and it fills me up. I calculate it at 6 points since I scrape out some of the muffin.
Lunch was a 6″ Turkey on wheat sub for 7 points. My afternoon snack was an apple. I have plenty of points left for dinner which is going to be steak and a new recipe for cauliflower tots. I’m pretty excited!
I don’t have very many side dishes on the blog so this week I want to add a few. These cheddar & broccoli potato rounds were a hit last night. My husband and I gobbled them right up. They were a perfect side for our grilled chicken breast.
Cheddar and Broccoli Potato Rounds
Yield: 4 Servings (4 potato rounds per serving = 3 Freestyle Smart Points)
- One medium potato
- 1 cup of steamed broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Clean the potato, then cut it into 1/4″ slices. Add potato to the boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and pat them dry. Spray a baking sheet then add the potatoes. Sprinkle potatoes with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped broccoli to the potatoes, followed by the cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
I served my potatoes with fat free sour cream and chives.