Happy New Year! I don’t know about you, but it’s time for me to recover from the holidays. I need to get back to being serious about my diet/lifestyle. My plan is accountability. I’m going to post a new recipe every day for the month of January. This is going to help me stay focused! No excuses.
I’m starting day 1 with my new favorite snack. This yogurt parfait hits the spot. Especially if you’re craving something sweet. I love that the non-fat Greek yogurt is 0 points now, but I’m not crazy about it plain. I added a little vanilla extract and Splenda to it and it was actually good!
Yield: 1 Serving (1 Freestyle Smart Point)
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Splenda packet
- 10 strawberries, cut to preferred size
- 8 pretzels (I used Kroger brand pretzel waffles)
- Break up the pretzels. I did this by putting them in a zip bag and smashing them with a meat mallet.
- Layer the strawberries, pretzels and yogurt. I make two layers of each.