I always like a little sweet treat in the afternoon. The key for me is keeping it low in SmartPoints.
These donuts were perfect for my craving. I made them with sugar free brownie mix…so they aren’t technically donuts. But they’re cute and taste good!
I sprinkled a little powdered sugar on them so my brain thought I was really indulging. One teaspoon of powdered sugar is very low in points and it goes a long way.
To get the batter into the donut pan I simply took a zip up baggie and put it into a glass. Then I poured the batter into it.
I did half of the batter at a time. Then I zipped it up and cut one of the corners off. It made getting it into the donut pan really easy, and not messy.
The pan I used is also great for making bagels. It helps to keep them in their shape. If you are a fan of the two ingredient dough this pan is great for that.
Yield: 12 donuts (1 donut = 3 SmartPoints)
- Pillsbury sugar free brownie mix (1 box)
- 8 ounces Coke Zero
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven according to the directions on the box.
- In a medium bowl mix together the brownie mix, Coke Zero and 2 egg whites. I used a whisk to really break up the brownie mix.
- Spray the donut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour half of the batter into a piping bag or zip lock bag. Add the batter to the donut pan. Mine does 6 donuts at a time.
- Cook donuts 16 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the donuts and comes out clean.
- Let donuts cool 5 minutes. Put powdered sugar into a mesh strainer and sprinkle over the donuts.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for the rest of the donuts.