Must. Try. These. That’s the only way I can describe these Swedish meatballs. They are so good!
Four of the meatballs in sauce is 7 Freestyle points. I paired it with 3/4 cup of egg noodles which was 3 Freestyle points. All together my meal was 10 Freestyle points.
If you are following MyWW green the egg noodles are 5 extra points. You may want to substitute a different type of noodle.
It was very filling…I mean, I was FULL! It felt good to have that full feeling, yet knowing I didn’t overeat.
That’s probably a sign that my stomach is getting used to the smaller portions. That’s a good thing!
Plus this is a perfect cold weather meal. We’re talking some good ol’ comfort food!
This recipe makes quite a few meatballs. That’s a good thing because I usually have leftovers.
Yield: 6 Servings (4 meatballs with sauce per serving = 7 points for blue, green and purple)
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup dried plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons 2% reduced fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 of an onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the sauce:
- 2 1/2 cups canned beef broth
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs and milk. Stir until the milk is completely absorbed.
- In a large bowl mix together the ground beef, breadcrumb mixture, egg, onion, salt, pepper, minced garlic and parsley. The best way to do this is with your hands.
- In a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter. Form the meat mixture into 24 balls. Add the meatballs to the skillet, cook and turn continuously until brown on all sides. Transfer meatballs to a plate and cover with foil.
- Slowly add beef broth to the skillet. Then add the sour cream. Use a whisk to make sure they are blended together. Add a little bit of this sauce to the cornstarch, then add it back into the skillet. Whisk it together until the cornstarch is well blended. Add the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Allow the sauce to lightly simmer 5 minutes while occasionally whisking.
- Add the meatballs back into the skillet. Cook an additional 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
If you’re looking for some zero point recipes, check out my post 20 Zero Point Recipes or my post 20 (More) Zero Point Recipes. Both are filled with delicious recipes that won’t cost you a single point! They’re perfect for days when you’re running low on points, or trying to save up points for a night out.
If you’re looking for dessert recipes you can visit 50 Weight Watchers Freestyle Desserts. It’s filled with delicious desserts perfect for Weight Watchers!